Starting on May 6, 2019, the East Hampton Public Library is beta-testing a new feature: automatic renewals.
As long as no one is waiting for your materials, we will automatically renew your East Hampton items and email you with a new due date. Stop in or call us if you would like to add your email to your account: 860-267-6621.
Here’s a few things to know:
- Because we’re beta testing this new feature, automatic renewals will only apply to East Hampton items. If you have borrowed an item from another LION library, even if you checked it out in East Hampton, it will NOT be automatically renewed.
- East Hampton items will only be automatically renewed if no one is on hold for the book.
- Lucky day books and movies have no renewals and will not be automatically renewed.
- Items will be renewed from their original due date and will renew for the original loan period. For example, 14 day books renew for an additional 14 days.
- If your item is automatically renewed you will receive an email from us with your new due date. If you would like to add an email address to your library card account please call us at 860.267.6621.
- If your item is not automatically renewed you will still receive an email from us letting you know that the item is due back soon.
- Items will be automatically renewed twice.
Bear with us as we try this. We think you’re going to like it. But, if something goes wrong, we’ll take the heat and take the fines off your card!
Still have questions? Call us at 860.267.6621