Every year the East Hampton Public Library sponsors a fun and educational summer reading program designed to work with our local schools required summer reading. Summer reading is designed to help keep your mind stay active and prevent summer learning loss. Complete enrichment activities below to earn raffle tickets and a chance to win great prizes like book sets, bullet journals, and more!
- Earn one raffle ticket
- Place a curbside pickup order. Mention Summer Reading when library staff schedules your pickup time.
- Complete a QuaranTEEN activity. Call the library to let us know you did it!
- Enter a Contest! Annually, The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) provides an outlet to allow teens to show their directorial, acting, writing and videography talents in a nationwide contest called the Teen Video Contest (TVC).
The Teen Video Challenge is an annual video contest and is open to all teens (librarian and teacher support is encouraged). The challenge is for teens to create a video promoting libraries and reading! Videos should be no longer than 60 seconds and show your unique interpretation of the 2020 CSLP slogan “Imagine Your Story”. Videos are to be no longer than 60 seconds and should promote libraries and reading. You can find all the details here: https://www.cslpreads.org/programs/teen-program/2020-teen-video-challenge/
- Earn two raffle tickets
- Earn three raffle tickets
- Submit a creation to our Maker Museum! Email art, poetry, a picture of a recipe you made, or another creation to firstname.lastname@example.org . We may feature your creation on our Facebook page!
- Participate in a Teen Summer Reading library program! Watch our calendar for Harry Potter Week, Comic Book Workshops, Book Rant Zooms!
- Share with us: Join our TEEN SUMMER TALENT SHOWCASE or IMAGINE YOUR STORY WRITING CONTEST
- Grab ‘n Go activities such as our: SPAtacular and Solar Cooker
- Plus a special Teen Video Challenge!